Hello Again 🙂
So I haven’t actually tried to make these yummy Swedish Meatballs, that we get when we visit Ikea, but I am making them this week. Here’s a recipe I found online, and I really hope it is the right one because they are so good! I will post some pictures and comments for you in the near future 🙂
As you know, you can also buy them at the Ikea store, along with the delicious lingonberries. I will not be making the lingonberries this week, and it doesn’t look like lingonberries are sold in any local supermarket, so I think maybe I’ll just buy those because they are really good too 🙂
The store items online:
IKEA Meatballs with Cream Sauce
How to make your own meatballs:
250gm minced beef
250gm minced pork
200-300ml cream and water (or milk and water)
2.5 tbsp. finely-chopped onion
50ml unsweetened rusk flour
2 cold boiled potatoes
4-5 tbsps butter, margarine or oil
Salt and pepper
- Heat the onion till golden in a couple of tablespoons of lightly browned butter.
- Mash the potatoes and moisten the rusk flour in a little water.
- Mix all the ingredients until there is consistency and flavour generously with salt, white pepper and (optional) a little finely crushed allspice.
- Use a pair of spoons to shape the mixture into relatively large, round balls and transfer to a floured chopping board.
- Fry them slowly in plenty of butter.
How to make the cream sauce:
200ml beef stock
Chinese soya sauce
1 tbsp white flour
Salt, white pepper
- Swirl the boiling water or beef stock in a pan.
- Add cream and thicken with white flour if preferred.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve the meatballs with the sauce, freshly boiled potatoes, uncooked lingonberry jam and salad. There you have the perfect Swedish meal!
This entry was posted in Eating Right
. Bookmark the permalink