Happy Thursday! The week’s almost over, and the weekend would be a great time to try a new recipe. Do you like Mexican? Well…I have just the recipe for you. You can use either shredded chicken or ground beef. I used ground beef, but would like to try chicken in the near future.
Try it out and tell me what you think. I gave this recipe 5 stars because it was that delicious.
Recipe Origination: allrecipes.com
Chicken Flauntas (I used Beef)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast (I used 93% ground beef)
halves – cooked and shredded
1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (I left this out)
8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
36 (6 inch) corn tortillas (I used white corn tortillas)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl combine the shredded chicken (or beef), picante sauce and ground cumin.
3. In a small skillet heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Place a corn tortilla in
the oil for 1 to 2 seconds on either side to soften. Repeat with all of the tortillas (if
possible, have someone help you do this). Place tortillas on paper towel to soak up
some of the oil.
4. Put 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla and sprinkle some
cheese on top. Roll up tortilla and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, seam
side down. Repeat with all of the tortillas until chicken mixture is gone. If there is
any cheese left over, sprinkle it over the rolled tortillas.
5. Bake tortillas in the preheated oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until tortillas are a little
crispy and golden brown.
We added a little sour cream and picante sauce on the side/top of the flauntas. Cheese would be good too 🙂