Sloppy Joes are a quick & easy dinner to make.
I try to make them somewhat healthy by using 93% ground beef and wheat buns.
Origination: This recipe is basic and a combination of different ideas and recipes.
1 lb ground beef
28oz Bushes baked bean (or smaller)
14oz Diced tomatoes
For Seasoning: Salt, Pepper, Chili powder, and Garlic powder
1) Fry beef in about a tablespoon of olive oil until brown.
2) Open beans and drain most of the juice. Save about 1/4 cup – keep separate.
3) Open diced tomatoes and drain most of the juice. Save about 1/4 cup – keep separate.
4) Drain any excess oil from beef. Mix in beans and diced tomatoes. Add juices little by little until the sauce is just right for you.
5) Lastly, add salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder to taste.