Here is the recipe for “Broccoli Soup”. It is the first soup that I have cooked in the HealthMaster blender (I’m referring to it as The HM from now on). I’ve made this recipe twice. The first time I added way too much garlic!! I didn’t think there was such a thing as too much…I love garlic, but I don’t like my breath stinking like it that bad.
Here are the ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked broccoli
1/2 cup mushrooms
1/2 cup onion
A very very small clove of garlic…yes only “1” small clove
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup 1% milk
Here’s how I put it all together.
- I cooked the broccoli for 15-20 minutes until it was pretty soft when I stuck a fork in it.
- Then I chopped the onion and mushrooms and fried them up with some extra virgin olive oil.
- I let the broccoli cool for 5 minutes.
- I added all the ingredients to the The HM and turned it on and up to speed 8. Then I cooked for 8 minutes.
- If you don’t have The HM, a food processor and a blender should do the trick, but it will take some extra steps.
The one thing the food processor/blender combination won’t do is heat the soup while it blends. That’s right when it’s ready it’s Hot!! How cool is that?
Have you ever used a food processor and then a blender to make soup? How did it turn out for you?