The definition of a runner is different to everyone. Just search the internet and you will find many different variations of the definition.
Anyone can be a runner, you just have to run. For many people, it’s either you like to run or you don’t. It’s that simple.
According to Dictionary.com a runner is
1. a person, animal, or thing that runs, esp. as a racer.
So does this mean that I’m not a runner because I haven’t run a race?
Here are 5 Reasons why I consider myself a runner:
1) I own a good pair of running shoes & some workout gear. No wait there’s more.
2) I enjoy sweating my butt off. Seriously.
3) I like feeling “great” and burning lots of calories in the process. Woo Hoo!!
4) I’ve overcome the negative thoughts associated with running. I can do it.
5) I actually look forward to running, and I am very excited to run a 5K race soon 🙂
So to me, I am a runner, and you are a runner for your own reasons.
I want to know: What makes “you” a Runner?