If you like Mexican, and you have tried my ground beef version of Flauntas then as long as you like chicken you will like these just the same. It is a toss up between which were better Chicken vs. Beef.
Recipe Origination: All Recipes – Chicken Flauntas
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast (I used left over chicken from a rotisserie chicken I bought earlier in the week.) – shredded
1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (I left this out)
8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
4 (6 inch) corn tortillas (I used white corn tortillas)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl combine the shredded chicken, picante sauce and ground cumin. Mix together.
3. In a small skillet heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Place a corn tortilla in the oil for 1 to 2 seconds on either side to soften. Repeat with all of the tortillas (if possible, have someone help you do this). Place tortillas on paper towel to soak up some of the oil.
4. Put 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla and sprinkle some cheese on top. Roll up tortilla and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, seam side down. Repeat with all of the tortillas until chicken mixture is gone. If there is any cheese left over, sprinkle it over the rolled tortillas.
5. Bake tortillas in the preheated oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until tortillas are a little crispy and golden brown.
We added a little sour cream and picante sauce on the side/top of the flauntas. Cheese would be good too 🙂
On the side: A can of black beans mixed with feta cheese. Also, a banana, grape, orange, and spinach smoothie.
This is an awesome recipe worth giving a shot if you are looking for something new 🙂