Happy Labor Day!
We had our cookout with family last night. It included salad, corn-on-the-cob, ribs, burgers, hot dogs, macaroni salad, potato salad, and coleslaw. It was all very good.
Today we are getting pizza at NYPD with the family before we leave. The pizza is as close to NY pizza as you can get in Arizona. Mike and his family are from Brooklyn, NY, so Mike is always looking for NY style pizza everywhere we go.
After we go out for lunch, then we are going home! We haven’t been home much lately. We have been to MA and now AZ. Once we get back to SD then we will be moving 4-5 miles away from where we live now. Still only a 10-15 minute ride from the ocean 😉
Our apartment is now mostly in boxes and I have to pack up the rest this week. Then I will be driving back and forth grabbing stuff during the week, and then on Saturday we are renting a UHaul to get the big stuff. Moving is exciting to me. I love change. I love decorating and re-organizing. I love doing whatever I can to improve our current situation. I love my life 😉
We are moving in with Jeff and Jeff cooks! Mike does too, but only when I am working full-time. Now that I am only working part-time, I have time to cook and clean. Mike works full-time and deserves to relax in his time off 🙂 Don’t get me wrong if I was working full-time then we would be sharing the responsibilities, but right now, I run the household 🙂
We haven’t discussed grocery shopping or meal planning, but I have been creatively thinking about meal planning. I am thinking we could have a Mexican night, Italian night, On-the-Grill night, etc. That way we can cook different healthy dishes and have somewhere to start the planning. Here is an update on my meal planning system:
1) Check the fliers for meat on sale, stock up, and freeze!
2) Fill up the freezer with frozen fruits and veggies for shakes and meal sides.
3) Hopefully start planning meals by night: Mexican, Italian, Grilled, Chicken dish, Turkey dish, etc.
4) Shopping List: Based on meals planned and sale items.
5) Shopping: We still have the 4 stores I go to near our new place. They are Albertsons, Ralphs, Vons, and Henrys. I don’t go to every store each week, but if I feel it’s worth it then I will.
So that’s a wrap. Packing and Moving this week. Grocery shopping this week for the necessities, and then next week will be our first week of eating in the new place.
Until I write again,